Why should YOU enroll into Relax Into Birth PLUS?
RELAX INTO BIRTH PLUS: This is Relax Into Birth with extra muscle! Here you will learn everything featured in the Relax Into Birth course, as well as the medical side of birth, this is a complete, holistic antenatal course.
Delivered by Midwife Karen and Doula Charlene, both highly experienced birth workers, Relax Into Birth PLUS covers an extensive range of information about pregnancy, birth and your newborn. We are here for you and will walk with you on your journey into parenthood.
What will you learn?
- What is best for YOU – home birth or hospital birth? What is the difference? How to prepare your environment.
- The 4 main reasons you may need an emergency cesarian and how will you know if it really is an emergency (as well as how to avoid one by knowing the 4 reasons)
- How and why hypnobirthing techniques work and how you can harness the power of your mind during pregnancy and birth.
- The skills your partner needs to be able to support you during labor and birth.
- Why medical interventions are done and what you can do to avoid them by understanding the normal variations of labor.
- How to prepare for birth (I mean that’s what this is all about really, but you can’t do it unless you know all that other stuff 👆🏽)
What can you look forward to on the Relax Into Birth online course?
- Doing the course in your own time, when it suits you! All the content is pre-recorded, you so you can do it anytime!
- We delve into very useful coping skills for labour and birth.
- Hypnobirthing teaches you how to reach a deep state of relaxation, which is a normal every day ability most people can experience any time.
- Hypnobirthing teaches self-hypnosis, where you are in control and helps you to remove unnecessary fear and tension, which means you will have a better birth, regardless!
- You will gain an understanding of how your uterus benefits from relaxation and how it can help your labour progress. You will learn how the conscious and subconscious mind work and how relaxation can improve your labour and birth.
- Relax Into Birth will teach you how to stagger your natural pain relief options before using medical pain relief opiates or drugs.
- Go on to your birthing day with an extensive skillset of breathing techniques, birthing positions, massage and hypnobirthing techniques.
- The techniques will help with the onset of labour, advanced labour and effective positions for labour and birth.
- You will receive thirteen (and counting!) beautifully recorded visualisation and relaxation soundtracks, recorded in my voice. These are for conditioning you towards a birth free of fear.
- You will be eligible for a free virtual doula info consultation upon completion of the course.
What are the benefits of completing this online childbirth education course?
- You can slot it into your life and do it in your own time
- Your partner, aka doula dad, will be a better birth companion
- More effective bonding with your baby
- A calmer mother and baby – in fact a calmer family
- A removal of fear and anxiety
- A reduction in the need for pain relief or intervention in labour
- A quicker recovery
- Fewer cases of postnatal depression
- Better sleep in pregnancy
- A shorter labour for natural birth
- A calmer acceptance of whatever turn your birth may take
What topics does the Relax Into Birth PLUS Online course cover?
- The Science of Relaxation: Fear hormones and their affect on the uterus, labour and birth.
- The impact of deep relaxation on your hormones, cervix, labour and birth.
- The effect of the birthing environment and how to create a safe and relaxed space for birth in hospital and at home – in order to facilitate the correct hormonal balance.
- Very practical tools for facilitating deep relaxation for labour and birth, including labour and birth positions, additional breathing techniques, aromatherapy, reflexology, massage, acupressure points and other natural remedies and techniques.
- Hypnobirthing information and techniques.
- The medical side of birth, including inductions, augmentations, caesarean births, hospital birth, home birth, midwife and doula care, obstetrician/gynaecologist care.
- Life with your newborn and breastfeeding.
Tell me more about hypnobirthing…
- You will always be in a fully conscious state, able to open your eyes and talk to your partner and caregivers at any time while using your hypnobirthing techniques. Hypnosis has unfortunately had a bad rap over the years and has become associated with stage hypnosis. However, it is not possible to hypnotise someone against their will – or make them do anything that goes against their moral code. It is a natural, normal state that one goes into every day, for example, when you are in autopilot driving to work every day, watching an engaging movie, reading a book. It is a deeply relaxed, yet intensely aware natural state – and it is a state that you take yourself into. This is immensely useful to employ in labour, vaginal birth and even for caesarean births. I have also created an audio hypnobirthing track for women preparing for caesarean section.
- Hypnobirthing does not go against any religion as all hypnosis is self-hypnosis and is a normal, natural state and it is a tool that can help you work with your body in a more aware way in the way it was made naturally, rather than using medication. However, just like caesarean section, there is a time and place for medical intervention when necessary.
- Hypnobirthing can be used for any kind of birth in any environment. It is helpful for hospital and home births and Relax Into Birth will give you tools to set up your environment to be conducive to labour hormones. Hypnobirthing techniques will help to calm and relax you body and mind, so that you can relax into the space, no matter where you have chosen to birth. It is however of paramount importance that you choose care providers (doctors / obstetrician gynaecologists / independent midwives) and place of birth with great care – as these are important factors which can greatly influence the outcome of your birth.
- Hypnobirthing does not equal a pain-free birth or even an orgasmic birth for that matter! These are possible, but should not be benchmarks for the way you intend to birth. These techniques can make your experience more manageable and comfortable, but not pain-free. There will be pain, yes, but it is a pain that is not damaging, like the pain of a broken limb. Rather, it is pain with a purpose – and a sign that your body is working perfectly to bring your baby down and out.