Click here to fill out COURSE ENROLMENT:
Why should YOU join the
RELAX INTO BIRTH Programme?
Since inception, almost 1000 mothers have attended the Cape Town childbirth education hypnobirthing classes, with a 70% natural birth rate and VBACS. Hypnobirthing can help you achieve a more comfortable birthing, no matter what turn it takes.
What can you look forward to on the Relax Into Birth antenatal course?
- We delve into very useful coping skills for labour and birth.
- Hypnobirthing teaches you how to reach a deep state of relaxation, which is a normal every day ability most people can experience any time.
- Hypnobirthing teaches self-hypnosis, where you are in control and helps you to remove unnecessary fear and tension, which means you will have a better birth, regardless!
- You will gain an understanding of how your uterus benefits from relaxation and how it can help your labour progress. You will learn how the conscious and subconscious mind work and how relaxation can improve your labour and birth.
- Relax Into Birth will teach you how to stagger your natural pain relief options before using medical pain relief opiates or drugs.
- Go on to your birthing day with an extensive skillset of breathing techniques, birthing positions, massage and hypnobirthing techniques.
- The techniques will help with the onset of labour, advanced labour and effective positions for labour and birth.
- You will receive three beautifully recorded visualisation and relaxation soundtracks, recorded in my voice. These are for conditioning you towards a birth free of fear.
- Two course manuals, one for each session.
- You will be eligible for a free doula info consultation upon completion of the course.
What are the benefits of completing this childbirth education course?
- Your partner, aka doula dad, will be a better birth companion
- More effective bonding with your baby
- A calmer mother and baby – in fact a calmer family
- A removal of fear and anxiety
- A reduction in the need for pain relief or intervention in labour
- A quicker recovery
- Fewer cases of postnatal depression
- Better sleep in pregnancy
- A shorter labour for natural birth
- A calmer acceptance of whatever turn your birth may take
What topics does the Relax Into Birth Hypnobirthing programme include?
- The Science of Relaxation: Fear hormones and their affect on the uterus, labour and birth.
- The impact of deep relaxation on your hormones, cervix, labour and birth.
- The effect of the birthing environment and how to create a safe and relaxed space for birth in hospital and at home – in order to facilitate the correct hormonal balance.
- Very practical tools for facilitating deep relaxation for labour and birth, including labour and birth positions, additional breathing techniques, aromatherapy, reflexology, massage, acupressure points and other natural remedies and techniques.
- Hypnobirthing information and techniques.
Tell me more about hypnobirthing…
- You will always be in a fully conscious state, able to open your eyes and talk to your partner and caregivers at any time while using your hypnobirthing techniques. Hypnosis has unfortunately had a bad rap over the years and has become associated with stage hypnosis. However, it is not possible to hypnotise someone against their will – or make them do anything that goes against their moral code. It is a natural, normal state that one goes into every day, for example, when you are in autopilot driving to work every day, watching an engaging movie, reading a book. It is a deeply relaxed, yet intensely aware natural state – and it is a state that you take yourself into. This is immensely useful to employ in labour, vaginal birth and even for caesarean births. I have also created an audio hypnobirthing track for women preparing for caesarean section.
- Hypnobirthing does not go against any religion as all hypnosis is self-hypnosis and is a normal, natural state and it is a tool that can help you work with your body in a more aware way in the way it was made naturally, rather than using medication. However, just like caesarean section, there is a time and place for medical intervention when necessary.
- Hypnobirthing can be used for any kind of birth in any environment. It is helpful for hospital and home births and Relax Into Birth will give you tools to set up your environment to be conducive to labour hormones. Hypnobirthing techniques will help to calm and relax you body and mind, so that you can relax into the space, no matter where you have chosen to birth. It is however of paramount importance that you choose care providers (doctors / obstetrician gynaecologists / independent midwives) and place of birth with great care – as these are important factors which can greatly influence the outcome of your birth.
- Hypnobirthing does not equal a pain-free birth or even an orgasmic birth for that matter! These are possible, but should not be benchmarks for the way you intend to birth. These techniques can make your experience more manageable and comfortable, but not pain-free. There will be pain, yes, but it is a pain that is not damaging, like the pain of a broken limb. Rather, it is pain with a purpose – and a sign that your body is working perfectly to bring your baby down and out.
Joining up with midwife-run antenatal
courses around Cape Town…
The Cape Town antenatal hypnobirthing courses are run in conjunction to Midwife-run antenatal courses, adding on two sessions to each course. You may also choose to do this course independently of any other antenatal course. Check out www.thebirthhub.co.za for a complete antenatal course in the South Peninsula. Check out https://relaxintobirth.com/partners/ for more antenatal classes in the Mother City.
- Course Materials: Two Course Manuals and four visualisation relaxation soundtracks, recorded in my voice for use in pregnancy, labour and birth. More tracks are in the development stages, which is a very exciting component of this growing Hypnobirthing antenatal programme! Click here for your free hypnobirthing download.
- Cost: R950 per couple in total for one session of 6 hours, run once a month on Sundays.
- Venues: Birth Options (Plumstead) and Vincent Pallotti Hospital (Pinelands)
- Courses are run every month: contact me to find out more…
- One-on-one private courses and courses via SKYPE are also offered in the comfort of your home upon request.
COURSE ENROLMENT Form:
“I am so excited to offer the RELAXintoBIRTH programme to expectant mothers, designed as an add-on to the existing midwife antenatal classes they’ve attended – or as a stand alone relaxation for birth course. This class is not only affordable, but also gives mothers the opportunity to experience a more comfortable birth experience using deep relaxation techniques, no matter what turn their birth takes.”