Relax into Birth is the first
proudly South African online Hypnobirthing course,
of international standard,
teaching women and
their partners deep relaxation
techniques and tools
for a more comfortable
and manageable birth experience.
DO THE COURSE IN YOUR OWN TIME, WHEN YOU WANT TO!
Why should YOU enroll for the
Relax Into Birth Online course?
Relax Into Birth offers a comprehensive line-up of pre-recorded content of:
- Over 250 minutes of video course content, including a ‘doula in my pocket’ guide for dads / partners.
- 13 (and counting!) downloadable audio hypnobirthing tracks
- Many downloadable PDFs.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, almost 2000 mothers attended the Cape Town childbirth education hypnobirthing classes, with a 70% natural birth rate and VBACS. Since then, I have had to move the course online.
During lockdown, doulas are not allowed into hospital spaces as additional birth companions (currently, in some countries, it is only one adult to accompany the mother in labour). Many hospitals are even disallowing dads into the birth room for the duration of the pandemic.
In response to this and especially for mothers who will be without a birthing partner for their births, I have created this special online course that will help them with relaxation tips and tools, natural coping techniques and information that will empower and reassure them. Relax Into Birth Hypnobirthing can help you achieve a more comfortable birthing, no matter what turn it takes.
Relax Into Birth is recommended by independent midwives and obstetrician-gynaecologists alike, because of the mental, emotional and physical preparation it gives mothers and their partners for their birthing day.
What can you look forward to on the
Relax Into Birth online course?
- Doing the course in your own time, when it suits you! All the content is pre-recorded, you so you can do it anytime!
- We delve into very useful coping skills for labour and birth.
- Hypnobirthing teaches you how to reach a deep state of relaxation, which is a normal every day ability most people can experience any time.
- Hypnobirthing teaches self-hypnosis, where you are in control and helps you to remove unnecessary fear and tension, which means you will have a better birth, regardless!
- You will gain an understanding of how your uterus benefits from relaxation and how it can help your labour progress. You will learn how the conscious and subconscious mind work and how relaxation can improve your labour and birth.
- Relax Into Birth will teach you how to stagger your natural pain relief options before using medical pain relief opiates or drugs.
- Go on to your birthing day with an extensive skillset of breathing techniques, birthing positions, massage and hypnobirthing techniques.
- The techniques will help with the onset of labour, advanced labour and effective positions for labour and birth.
- You will receive thirteen (and counting!) beautifully recorded visualisation and relaxation soundtracks, recorded in my voice. These are for conditioning you towards a birth free of fear.
- You will be eligible for a free virtual doula info consultation upon completion of the course.
What are the benefits of completing this
online childbirth education course?
- You can slot it into your life and do it in your own time
- Your partner, aka doula dad, will be a better birth companion
- More effective bonding with your baby
- A calmer mother and baby – in fact a calmer family
- A removal of fear and anxiety
- A reduction in the need for pain relief or intervention in labour
- A quicker recovery
- Fewer cases of postnatal depression
- Better sleep in pregnancy
- A shorter labour for natural birth
- A calmer acceptance of whatever turn your birth may take
What topics does the
Relax Into Birth Online course cover?
- The Science of Relaxation: Fear hormones and their affect on the uterus, labour and birth.
- The impact of deep relaxation on your hormones, cervix, labour and birth.
- The effect of the birthing environment and how to create a safe and relaxed space for birth in hospital and at home – in order to facilitate the correct hormonal balance.
- Very practical tools for facilitating deep relaxation for labour and birth, including labour and birth positions, additional breathing techniques, aromatherapy, reflexology, massage, acupressure points and other natural remedies and techniques.
- Hypnobirthing information and techniques.
Tell me more about hypnobirthing…
- You will always be in a fully conscious state, able to open your eyes and talk to your partner and caregivers at any time while using your hypnobirthing techniques. Hypnosis has unfortunately had a bad rap over the years and has become associated with stage hypnosis. However, it is not possible to hypnotise someone against their will – or make them do anything that goes against their moral code. It is a natural, normal state that one goes into every day, for example, when you are in autopilot driving to work every day, watching an engaging movie, reading a book. It is a deeply relaxed, yet intensely aware natural state – and it is a state that you take yourself into. This is immensely useful to employ in labour, vaginal birth and even for caesarean births. I have also created an audio hypnobirthing track for women preparing for caesarean section.
- Hypnobirthing does not go against any religion as all hypnosis is self-hypnosis and is a normal, natural state and it is a tool that can help you work with your body in a more aware way in the way it was made naturally, rather than using medication. However, just like caesarean section, there is a time and place for medical intervention when necessary.
- Hypnobirthing can be used for any kind of birth in any environment. It is helpful for hospital and home births and Relax Into Birth will give you tools to set up your environment to be conducive to labour hormones. Hypnobirthing techniques will help to calm and relax you body and mind, so that you can relax into the space, no matter where you have chosen to birth. It is however of paramount importance that you choose care providers (doctors / obstetrician gynaecologists / independent midwives) and place of birth with great care – as these are important factors which can greatly influence the outcome of your birth.
- Hypnobirthing does not equal a pain-free birth or even an orgasmic birth for that matter! These are possible, but should not be benchmarks for the way you intend to birth. These techniques can make your experience more manageable and comfortable, but not pain-free. There will be pain, yes, but it is a pain that is not damaging, like the pain of a broken limb. Rather, it is pain with a purpose – and a sign that your body is working perfectly to bring your baby down and out.
Joining up with midwife-run
antenatal courses in your area…
The Relax Into Birth online hypnobirthing course is run in conjunction to Midwife-run antenatal courses. You may also choose to do this course independently of any other antenatal course. Check out our partners in birthing for more antenatal classes in the Mother City.
- Course Materials: Over 250 minutes of video course content, including a ‘doula in my pocket’ guide for dads / partners, 13 (and counting!) downloadable audio hypnobirthing tracks and many downloadable PDFs.
- Cost: $55 (via PayPal) or R950 (via eft) per couple in total for the online course, and lifetime welcome to the whatsapp Empowering Motherhood group after birth.
“I am so excited to offer the Relax Into Birth online course to expectant mothers, designed as an add-on to the existing midwife antenatal classes they’ve attended – or as a stand alone relaxation for birth course. Relax Into Birth gives mothers the opportunity to experience, no matter what turn their birth takes.”