We are the only species of mammal that has the capacity to frighten our female members about their ability to give birth… and we see a lot of fear mongering these days.
– Ina May Gaskin
Do you have fears around natural and caesarean birth?
Are you fearful of the birth process?
Do you trust in your body’s ability to birth and heal itself?
Anxiety and fear can manifest in your pregnancy and birthing time and so it is important to face these challenges and overcome them. Oxytocin release – vital for producing effective labour surges – depends on your stress levels, depth of relaxation and the state of your mind, and by addressing your fears and anxieties during pregnancy, you can release and clear the way for a more comfortable birth experience, no matter what path it takes.
Through Hypnotherapy, I can assist you with:
- Overcoming your fears about birth.
- Letting go of previous birth experiences.
- Preparation for your Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC).
- Preparation for your elective caesarean.
- Personalised visualisations for special circumstances including placenta previa and breech positions, among other conditions.
- Instilling new and positive beliefs around labour and birth to increase confidence.
- Preparing for birth no matter what turn it takes.
- Breastfeeding, adjusting to life with your newborn, dealing with the demands of being a good parent and partner, postnatal depression.
- Taking care of your emotional state.
- Overcoming your addiction to smoking.